The easy, efficient way to get backups off-site to the Covenco Recovery Services’ cloud
With more than 230,000 customers worldwide, Veeam® bridges the Availability gap and provides Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™. Its technology improves RPOs and RTOs for both applications and data.
Why Veeam Cloud Connect Backup
Veeam Cloud Connect Backup makes it easy to get your backups off-site to a hosted backup repository (called a cloud repository) without the cost and complexity of managing your own second site.
Veeam Cloud Connect Backup is:
Seamless — Use your Covenco cloud repository like a local backup repository. Simply open the Veeam backup console and make your Covenco cloud repository a target for any backup or backup copy job. If you already have Veeam Cloud Connect, a paid edition of Veeam Availability Suite™, Veeam Backup & Replication™ or Veeam Backup Essentials™, v8 and later no additional downloads or additional Veeam licensing is required!
Efficient — Get your backups off-site quickly and easily without adding bandwidth by leveraging forever-incremental backups, in-cloud synthetic fulls, built-in WAN acceleration (in Enterprise Plus edition) and more to minimize data transfer and maximizing restore points.
Secure — Rest easy your backup is encrypted at source, in flight and at rest, with no negative impact to data transfer rate (thanks to content-aware compression and WAN acceleration). Veeam Cloud Connect’s multi-tenant capabilities also ensure your data is as safe and confidential in our Cloud as it would be in your own off-site repository.
Veeam Cloud Connect Backup Features
Veeam provides fast, reliable backup for virtual, physical and cloud-based workloads
- Built-in management for Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux : Reduce management complexity and improve usability through the addition of agent-based backup capabilities in the Veeam Backup & Replication consoleNEW. Its a single pane of glass showing ‘Availability’ of virtual, physical and cloud workloads, centralised backup agent deployment, and Windows Server Failover Cluster support.
- Scale-out Backup Repository™: Create a single virtual pool of backup storage to which backups can be assigned, offering the freedom to easily extend backup storage capacity.
- Image-level VM backups: Create application consistent backups with advanced application aware processing.
- Backup from Storage Snapshots: Generate ultra-fast backups with low RPOs from storage snapshots.
- Veeam Cloud Connect: Get backups off site without the cost and complexity of building and maintaining an off-site infrastructure; fast and secure cloud backup to Covenco Recovery Services.
- SureBackup®: Automatically test and verify every backup and every virtual machine (VM) for recoverability.
- Built-in WAN acceleration: Save bandwidth and get backups off site up to 50x faster.
- Direct Storage Access: Perform vSphere backups faster and with reduced impact by backing up via direct SAN Access and direct NFS Access.