With Office 365, Microsoft is responsible for the uptime of the Office 365 infrastructure, but backup and management of the data is the customer’s responsibility.
The NEW Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v4 offers direct integration with Microsoft’s Azure Blob Storage, giving companies that want to keep their Office 365 data in Azure a cost-effective, scalable and secure solution for doing so. This latest release also adds additional performance improvements for backing up Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive for Business.
Ease of use is built into the new Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure with turn-key deployment via the Microsoft Azure Marketplace, while powerful recovery capabilities are also delivered with features like file-level recovery for native snapshots and Veeam backups. An industry-first built-in cloud cost estimator tool will provide customers with greater cost controls and savings while integration with Veeam Backup & Replication™ will allow customers to take control of their cloud data by protecting and managing Azure backups alongside their cloud, virtual and physical data.
“With 114% year-over-year growth, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 continues to be the fastest growing product in Veeam’s history,” said Ratmir Timashev, Co-Founder and Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Veeam. “Just as in the on-premises days with customers backing up and protecting their data, the need persists with SaaS solutions to backup and protect this same critical information. Veeam Backup for Office 365 delivers on this need and with the rapid rise in adoption for Azure we’re seeing across our customer base, Veeam is excited to build from our work with Microsoft and deliver a native backup solution developed specifically for Azure-based workloads.”
NEW Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v4 enables IT decision makers from cloud-first companies who prefer to store their Office 365 backups in Azure a cloud-optimized solution leveraging cost-efficient Azure Blob Storage for doing so. Significant benefits of the new version include the ability for customers to:
- Reduce costs with object storage and only pay for what is consumed.
- Leverage unlimited scalability with unlimited storage capacity.
- Simplify deployment in the public cloud and no complex planning.
As a Gold Microsoft Partner, Veeam works closely to extend the value of Microsoft solutions to businesses worldwide. This commitment is proven in the new upcoming releases of Veeam’s Azure-native data protection solution. A sneak peek at Microsoft Ignite this week demonstrates that Veeam customers will soon be able to extend Veeam Backup & Replication to protect Azure-native instances with the following integrated capabilities:
- Cloud-native data protection built for Microsoft Azure workloads, with support for native snapshots and Veeam backups and cloud optimized for long-term data retention in Microsoft Azure Blob.
- Powerful, reliable recovery technologies to achieve industry-leading RTOs, including file-level recovery of native snapshots and Veeam backups, as well as the ability to restore to an on-premises data center or any other Veeam supported environment.
- Drive cost savings with an industry-first cloud cost estimator tool. Simulate policy charges to avoid excessive costs before you start your backups.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure — both free and paid versions — will be available for easy deployment via the Azure Marketplace for cloud-first companies or departments. Backups from Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure can be managed with Veeam Backup & Replicationand integrated with Veeam’s NEW Universal License.