Here are some of the most common questions about Veeam Backup Office 365 and the new features that come with V3…
Why do I need to backup Office 365? Isn’t Microsoft taking care of everything?
One of the biggest mistakes that people make is to assume that Microsoft takes care of everything, including backing up their data. They don’t! Microsoft is responsible for the infrastructure so making sure that it is always available for its users. When it comes to data, it’s the users’ responsibility to control it, back it up and if necessary, recover it.
What are the risks of not having a backup for Office 365?
Without a backup for your Office 365 environment you risk having gaps in your retention policy, you are exposed to potential data loss and security vulnerabilities and you also run the risk of not being compliant with industry/statutory regulations.
How can I protect my Microsoft Office 365 data?
This is where Veeam software can help!
Veeam Backup Office 365 eliminates the risk of losing access to your Office 365 data (Exchange, SharePoint and OneDrive) and ensures availability to your users.
Retention Policies: What does Veeam back up exactly?
Veeam Backup Office 365 backs up and protects your inbox and/or folder data, your deleted items, your auto-archived data, deleted SharePoint Online sites and items, and deleted OneDrive for Business files. It also stores all data in one location, making recovery fast, easy and reliable.
What’s new in Veeam Backup for Office 365 V2?
A fast and efficient backup of Office 365 OneDrive for Business accounts with the ability to restore and export both files and folders with the new Veeam Explorer for Microsoft OneDrive.
The ability to backup SharePoint Online and SharePoint On-premise. You gain reliable and flexible recovery options to restore SharePoint sites, documents, libraries and lists with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint, now built into Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
What are other additional enhancements?
- Mailbox compare and restore in Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
- Ability to select individual users, groups of users, or the entire organisation when creating a backup job.
- Support for Office 365 group mailboxes.
- Backup of Microsoft OneNote notebooks
- Restore data located in Microsoft Teams
- Full PowerShell and REST API support for backup and restore automation, including Veeam Explorers.
- Colour scheme selection of the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 console
What’s new in Veeam Backup for Office 365 V3?
- SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business backup enhancements.
- Office 365 organisation management and security.
- Office 365 data protection visibility and management.
- Repository features and enhancements.
- Backup and Restore enhancements.
For more information, listen to our DR Week 2019 webinar:
Presented by Michele Domanico, Product Expert, Veeam. Click here to replay.