Dedicated recovery is a premium disaster recovery solution that bridges the gap between traditional shared solutions and high availability
The dedicated disaster recovery service is designed for businesses requiring faster recovery time objectives (RTO) and an absolute guarantee that recovery infrastructure will be available, even in the event of multiple simultaneous invocations.
Disaster Recovery equipment is allocated to a client on a 1:1 basis, i.e. their recovery environment mirrors their production environment and all equipment is for their exclusive use. The DR equipment can be permanently installed at a customer’s location, or at a Covenco Recovery Services datacenter and is available for them to test/restore to 24x7x365.
This is a premium disaster recovery offering which guarantees that the customer will have use of the contracted DR equipment should they invoke the service:
- No Syndicated ‘Slot Count’ contention. Eliminates any concerns that a suitable DR server will be available at a time of disaster (especially worrying in a multiple invocation situation where DR companies are not contractually bound to actually provide the service)
- No concerns regarding how long the DR equipment will take to arrive on site following a disaster
- Includes onsite technical assistance in a disaster situation
- Onsite DR testing by Covenco highly experienced technical team
- Customer may choose to effect a full scratch restore onto the DR servers as and when it desires (every week, every month, every quarter etc.) irrespective of any formal DR testing arrangements.
- Customer may choose to use the machine to conduct Dev Testing/Patch upgrade testing.
- Hardware maintenance of the DR estate is included.
As standard this highly robust solution provides:
Provision of identical or functionally equivalent IT equipment with no additional software licensing required
Permanently installed at your site or allocated to you at a Covenco Recovery Centre, for your sole use
Annual test/rehearsal of the solution